The Building Service Worker/Transportation Aide performs direct services related to facility cleaning, assistance with the meal program and transportation of facility residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
• Serves as a representative of the agency and the properties/programs to internal and external customers.
• Collects and disposes of waste materials; cleans surrounding areas.
• Follows established facility cleaning schedules, makes recommendation for modification as warranted.
• Performs direct service work including vacuuming, dusting, window washing, blind cleaning, appliance cleaning, etc.
• Assists with ensuring unit turnovers are restored to move in condition in a timely fashion.
• Assists with the meal program, including preparing tables for service, serving the meal, clearing and washing tables, operating the dishwasher, cleaning counters and microwave, sweeping and scrubbing kitchen floor, and cleaning out the refrigerator.
• Assists with transporting residents to the store and other appoints.
• Assists with light housekeeping of resident apartments.
• Identifies safety concerns and notifies appropriate personnel in a timely fashion.
• May shovel snow as well as spread salt and sand.
• May provide direct services related to room setup/tear down; including moving tables, chairs and other furniture and equipment.
• May operate large janitorial equipment such as heavy scrubbing machines to strip and wax floors or clean carpets.
• May perform direct service related to upkeep of the grounds including cutting grass, trimming bushes, watering flowers, and raking leaves.
• May perform light maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, removing broken glass, cleaning carpets, and resetting circuit breakers.
• May perform security checks of the building and surrounding grounds ensuring exterior doors are closed and locked.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or GED equivalency is preferred. Previous experience in related work is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Position may travel daily between programs. May travel over the two state area on occasion for training and meetings and may include some overnights.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.